I'll be posting screenshots of how the wilderness became due to all items being accessible through coin/token shop.

Maybe developers will rethink a shop like this:

ynmqFz1.png

This is a glimpse of divinity614, the last active 614 server that died out years ago.

Divinity614 was re-made fatality614 with a better economy.

Fatality614 had a similar problem but much worse but the owner adjusted this by making certain spawnable items have value, divine donator only among other things to deal with the problems of fatality614.

Still, given a couple of months with eco inflation everybody could buy donator (with coins), buy hundreds of votes and everyone was using end-game items again.

Then came along the celestial/primal raggers.

The server had no PvM, no minigames, no tournaments (other than player run) and it had an active Pking community for years because at the end of the day, it was a pretty good server with all bugs fixed.

This is unfortunately what you're going to be seeing and this is a continuing trend among many servers.

image.png.189298182b48d4a255f06ef8dbb9be4f.pngimage.png.329916d8bb1df050abd9152701cccd5f.png

image.png.925d25b0d97d32f98b24d3b47a9c59ff.pngimage.png.3652a85f7020423b095b838b8dc29a33.pngimage.png.508e66fdeed834a29bcd264a98c83997.png

image.png.d12bee4eb50ffb9120388decb67d556f.pngimage.png.9dcd1b4a85ac15a24ac40983511b40d5.pngimage.png.5f9e5a666c3528117444013d4c000962.png

image.png.966a7e28793790c8f65d9231d064ba45.pngimage.png.2a88e6dd8fb7162407e5f4d41fe6b077.pngimage.png.a2c69ca4f6bbd6eeb71b526f6eabfbf6.png

image.png.cf733bf1feb2fefb0370df904bfe4224.pngimage.png.3efeaedf3b7603bd209a1804ebdb5a2e.pngimage.png.18ce3c8baf1d92740aba3952d3737f55.png

image.png.d51a3eb6a48caace11187fd83fafc149.pngimage.png.65869d65c3feef33aebab9d2e7427f0e.pngimage.png.58a13e0faddd5ff0d9c1266a00cadba6.pngimage.png.92829351a98d29440234459ba01e8f01.png

image.png.3fedbbe3b2c603c36e7c69b30a6f1193.pngimage.png.9749c25c062d94462d98cba52edeb151.pngimage.png.c8a900b04cff1f02657e593aad717b0a.png

image.png.9827a98dbb58621bb4babe62115494ee.pngimage.png.b27c5bad426ac65e0bdde48f346b447f.pngimage.png.6c49ce25d465e72c03b11685e91f3286.png

image.png.ca9cfe827ceff053484d845a98068480.pngimage.png.0289fe9a4627bfd3c49f11f46477b6fc.png

Here's a random clip from a server that didn't allow players to run around in this gear after playing for 3 minutes.

They all seem to have similar gear and it's not divine, zuriels, celestial staff etc.

https://gyazo.com/173da39a7397a11b8fd2889fbebbdf1a

A lot of the things are subject to change, and shops are not final. Those were taken at much earlier stages. Nothing has changed yet, but we've already been discussing the economy as a whole, and the impact it is going to have on the server.

Since PVM has not been introduced, I would say that it is still too early to say whether or not the items in the shops stay.

The main focus at the moment is core content. Yoko is saving the Economy for last, (I'm also assuming while taking input from the beta) so he can put his full attention to it before release.

Best method is to take what worked on other 614s & oldschool Pvp servers and come up with your own plan for Eco. Eco is never going be perfect on any server or game, Look at Runescape or any private server.

I don't think 614 eco method is not as bad If safePVP was not added, Safepvp was one of main reasons, Eco got fucked on alot of 614s, fatality/divinity was not the last active 614s, Be multi of 614s opened within the last couple of years who have 200-300 players for couple of months.

but anyway Like Yuuji said Stuff is not final & We will not know till Beta client comes out i guess

Btw I don't think clip at end is any help due if it SS, The server was a full Eco server i'm sure.

Off-Topic: Good old times.

hMlTuNZ.png

G3P0H3g.png- #420 was a good time, Meet some of my good friends in this team l0l

Edited by Panda
10 hours ago, Panda said:

Best method is to take what worked on other 614s & oldschool Pvp servers and come up with your own plan for Eco. Eco is never going be perfect on any server or game, Look at Runescape or any private server.

I don't think 614 eco method is not as bad If safePVP was not added, Safepvp was one of main reasons, Eco got fucked on alot of 614s, fatality/divinity was not the last active 614s, Be multi of 614s opened within the last couple of years who have 200-300 players for couple of months.

but anyway Like Yuuji said Stuff is not final & We will not know till Beta client comes out i guess

Stuff in the beta also isn't exactly final, everything is subject to change based on feedback. I've already suggested huge changes to the Eco, and documented it for Yoko. It's going to be his last focusing point, after the core content is finished. So the beta will potentially be focusing around balancing the eco (just an assumption here, could be wrong.)

Much what they said is true, From last I spoke with Yoko; Primal, Celestial, and Sagittarian are not final that they will be in the server. They could be cosmetic as much as locked in areas. Nothing is said in stone and we appreciate your input and view for the eco. Make sure you register to beta to see what we have to offer and provide us any input to assist in the transition from beta to live server. See you then 🙂

Forest.png

17 minutes ago, Yuuji said:

Stuff in the beta also isn't exactly final, everything is subject to change based on feedback. I've already suggested huge changes to the Eco, and documented it for Yoko. It's going to be his last focusing point, after the core content is finished. So the beta will potentially be focusing around balancing the eco (just an assumption here, could be wrong.)

I know but Beta will give us more of a idea for the real game.

Definitely shouldn't be buyable. There should just be a selection of wildy bosses that drop the higher tier stuff - some singles and some multi. As well, achievements could randomly roll like a mystery box and rare option for higher tier items.

Hate to see donators benefit over non-donators. Thats just buying your way to the top.

Everywhere should be dangerous death or little to no reward from safe pk.

7 hours ago, Seb said:

Definitely shouldn't be buyable. There should just be a selection of wildy bosses that drop the higher tier stuff - some singles and some multi. As well, achievements could randomly roll like a mystery box and rare option for higher tier items.

Hate to see donators benefit over non-donators. Thats just buying your way to the top.

Pvm should be getting worked on relatively soon, so majority of shops are absolutely subject to change. Because I agree, I hate that high end gear is just buyable in a shop.

And majority of servers that do it, put it for an easily obtainable price. (Maybe a 2 hour grind at most for the most expensive item?). Just way too easy.

37 minutes ago, Yuuji said:

Pvm should be getting worked on relatively soon, so majority of shops are absolutely subject to change. Because I agree, I hate that high end gear is just buyable in a shop.

And majority of servers that do it, put it for an easily obtainable price. (Maybe a 2 hour grind at most for the most expensive item?). Just way too easy.

Yeah and then there is no actual value to the items, it just becomes the ‘norm’ of pking. I wanna see people bridding in mystics and ahrims, not everyone in max.

3 hours ago, Seb said:

Yeah and then there is no actual value to the items, it just becomes the ‘norm’ of pking. I wanna see people bridding in mystics and ahrims, not everyone in max.

Also want to say that I agree with the Mystery Box idea from achievements. Would be a nice little reward. Never know what you get from those things LOL.

3 hours ago, Lynch said:

this for sure brought back some memories, god damn

Good times! 😄

On 2/14/2021 at 8:07 AM, Seb said:

Most OP armours (divine, torva, pernix, virtus, etc) will not be obtainable from the donator store. Yes, PvP weapons, armours and all the typically items will be purchasable. I've run a couple of servers without having a P2W strategy and I will honestly say it's not sustainable. There's a small percentage of people that will donate for cosmetics and perks which won't be enough to keep the lights on. 

Safe PK does offer rewards but compared to the rewards for killing a player within the wilderness it isn't much. I've made sure that kills in safe won't attribute to much but rather act as a way for players to have some fun without sweating, and it's always appealing to newcomers.

5 hours ago, Yoko said:

Most OP armours (divine, torva, pernix, virtus, etc) will not be obtainable from the donator store. Yes, PvP weapons, armours and all the typically items will be purchasable. I've run a couple of servers without having a P2W strategy and I will honestly say it's not sustainable. There's a small percentage of people that will donate for cosmetics and perks which won't be enough to keep the lights on. 

"There's a small percentage of people that will donate for cosmetic and perks which won't be enough to keep the lights on."

Sadly, that's absolutely true. A portion of P2W (done properly) is almost necessary for a long life-span. Just a matter of how it is executed.

5 hours ago, Yuuji said:

"There's a small percentage of people that will donate for cosmetic and perks which won't be enough to keep the lights on."

Sadly, that's absolutely true. A portion of P2W (done properly) is almost necessary for a long life-span. Just a matter of how it is executed.

#1 goal is keeping this server up and running for a long time =)

On 2/16/2021 at 6:50 PM, Yoko said:

#1 goal is keeping this server up and running for a long time 😃

I and I would hope most people would agree with you. Just gotta find the balance between P2W ruining the economy and deterring new players to donations having no value and therefore pointless.