Jump to content

OSRS Items  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see OSRS items in Battle614?

    • Yes
      21
    • No
      5

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

I say only add imbue capes, the top tier boots, infernal or kiln cape whichever is opted for. I don't see any need in adding things like ancestral, t bow, scythe, zenyte jewellery, faceguard, etc. I think if I wanted to use them I'd look for an osrs revision server. 614 is popular for a reason, and yes adding a few bits of osrs to catch that audience is great but not everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I 100% understand where you and others are coming from. The nostalgia is one of our main selling points. However, as a business you want to make sure there is growth. Unfortunately nostalgia alone wil

The other day I had asked the community a general question about how they felt regarding OSRS items, and the response was very mixed. Decided to make an official thread on the matter to get a better v

+1 this      Not throwing any hate or shade but, 10 seconds in that dude randomly disappeared lol. I will also say that we have watched a lot of 614 RSPS pvp videos including the

12 hours ago, Yuuji said:


A lot of the items aren't even that strong, truthfully. And I can't help but personally just like the look of certain items. 😛

True I'm still forgetting the cosmetic appeal of the items... 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seb said:

I say only add imbue capes, the top tier boots, infernal or kiln cape whichever is opted for. I don't see any need in adding things like ancestral, t bow, scythe, zenyte jewellery, faceguard, etc. I think if I wanted to use them I'd look for an osrs revision server. 614 is popular for a reason, and yes adding a few bits of osrs to catch that audience is great but not everything.


I don't think Zenyte Jewelry would be that bad, or the Faceguard. But then again, I like the look of the Neitiznot faceguard on higher revisions. It's super clean. 😛

But Zenyte Jewelry would be pretty good as a whole, Ring of Suffering would be nice, Anguish would be good and would only add probably 1-2 on that max hit at most. As for the Tormented Bracelet, I don't think it is exactly needed. Magic is pretty strong as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yuuji said:


I don't think Zenyte Jewelry would be that bad, or the Faceguard. But then again, I like the look of the Neitiznot faceguard on higher revisions. It's super clean. 😛

But Zenyte Jewelry would be pretty good as a whole, Ring of Suffering would be nice, Anguish would be good and would only add probably 1-2 on that max hit at most. As for the Tormented Bracelet, I don't think it is exactly needed. Magic is pretty strong as is.


I’m not that familiar with faceguard, but I always thought it was just the equivalent of Statius full helm.

Zenyte jewellery is pointless tho. We got...

Arcane stream necklace instead of torm brace

Amulet of ranging instead of anguish

Fury / Blood necklace instead of torture

Ring of suffering is a bit pointless no? Like I doubt there is much of a gap in any set up that would really need the suffering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seb said:


I’m not that familiar with faceguard, but I always thought it was just the equivalent of Statius full helm.

Zenyte jewellery is pointless tho. We got...

Arcane stream necklace instead of torm brace

Amulet of ranging instead of anguish

Fury / Blood necklace instead of torture

Ring of suffering is a bit pointless no? Like I doubt there is much of a gap in any set up that would really need the suffering.


Amulet of ranging only gives more accuracy, not ranged strength.

I mean the Blood Necklace is from Dungeoneering? And the torture looks better. Personally.
Since the blood necklace is barely visible on the player.

Torm brace would be too much @ a 5% boost is what I am saying. Magic is already strong enough.

The Statius's Full Helm has the same stats as the Neitiznot helmet/Berserker helmet. So I think the Faceguard wouldn't be a bad addition (as long as it is paced properly, and not easily obtained).

I don't think the Suffering is useless, since you can store recoils in it. High defence bonuses, and it can store so many recoil charges. It's not a bad ring at all, and absolutely would have it's uses. Especially in PVM. My opinion on it tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 11:25 AM, Panda said:

stacking over 120hp be part of the game from start but People was idiots back in the day, 1ticking was not as big like it is right now

 

So i don't understand why people try to make runescape look better in the old days over nowadays when Nowadays people know more about the game(doing perfect tick skilling was not a thing because people did not know about it)

On Divinity614 stacking was common but it was without the granite maul because it wasn't needed to get kills.

The difference with hybrid stacking on 614 and 317 is that you can barrage a 440 in arcane stream, staff of light and wolpertinger on 614 while a staff of light, imbued god cape and occult necklace max hits a 35/350.

The max health on 614 is 113 and on Osrs it's 121.

Barrage hit also delayed slightly on 614.

Players are not camping 113 hp because they rely on soulsplit to sustain them through a fight.

Here is an example of how you can stack on 614

https://gyazo.com/21e1cb3f9b42e08de4b5855882b58b22

If your opponent is 900+ health you can still kill them with a 400+ barrage and a big spec.

When the barrage hit lands the opponent can only rocktail+brew once before being hit with a special attack.

You want to be dealing damage so you heal from soulsplit; if you are about to get stacked a 440 barrage+spec you rely on your soulsplit to heal you during the combo while combo eating.

On 317 you can barrage, G maul and Ags spec so all the hits appear at the same time.

There is nothing you can do to stop being 'chanced'.

You can get stacked for 150+ damage without being able to eat.

On 614 you can stack 1200 (without G maul) and your opponent has less max health to camp.

here is another example of stacking against 990 health.

https://gyazo.com/b90d1071d0a6873fddf28c053ce0b7d6

You can only combo eat 390 health with a rocktail and brew, because barrage hits 440 your opponent can't prevent being stacked.

What I mean is if you're 900 HP, get barraged 440, you're down to 460, you eat 390 bringing you up to 850 and your opponent could max hit you 850 while you can't combo eat.

Most fights are not like this because most people allow their health to sit around 700-900 relying on soulsplit by doing damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glory of god said:

On Divinity614 stacking was common but it was without the granite maul because it wasn't needed to get kills.

The difference with hybrid stacking on 614 and 317 is that you can barrage a 440 in arcane stream, staff of light and wolpertinger on 614 while a staff of light, imbued god cape and occult necklace max hits a 35/350.

The max health on 614 is 113 and on Osrs it's 121.

Barrage hit also delayed slightly on 614.

Players are not camping 113 hp because they rely on soulsplit to sustain them through a fight.

Here is an example of how you can stack on 614

https://gyazo.com/21e1cb3f9b42e08de4b5855882b58b22

If your opponent is 900+ health you can still kill them with a 400+ barrage and a big spec.

When the barrage hit lands the opponent can only rocktail+brew once before being hit with a special attack.

You want to be dealing damage so you heal from soulsplit; if you are about to get stacked a 440 barrage+spec you rely on your soulsplit to heal you during the combo while combo eating.

On 317 you can barrage, G maul and Ags spec so all the hits appear at the same time.

There is nothing you can do to stop being 'chanced'.

You can get stacked for 150+ damage without being able to eat.

On 614 you can stack 1200 (without G maul) and your opponent has less max health to camp.

here is another example of stacking against 990 health.

https://gyazo.com/b90d1071d0a6873fddf28c053ce0b7d6

You can only combo eat 390 health with a rocktail and brew, because barrage hits 440 your opponent can't prevent being stacked.

What I mean is if you're 900 HP, get barraged 440, you're down to 460, you eat 390 bringing you up to 850 and your opponent could max hit you 850 while you can't combo eat.

Most fights are not like this because most people allow their health to sit around 700-900 relying on soulsplit by doing damage.


Pking is in a completely different place now, then what it was back during this era. I see what you're saying tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All of past 614 never have perfect Combat systems, when ahrims was more of a tank gear over v skirt/t body, It shows combat system is fucked.

I remember spam hitting 600s+ in bronze/green d'hide on fatality/divinity, Ever on Pkmadness i did the same.

 

Edited by Panda
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Panda said:

All of past 614 never have perfect Combat systems, when ahrims was more of a tank gear over v skirt/t body, It shows combat system is fucked.

I remember spam hitting 600s+ in bronze/green d'hide on fatality/divinity, Ever on Pkmadness i did the same.

The developer of divinity614 really did a solid fixing the combat system (from fatality614). First the combat system was made very good, then he fixed diagonal combat, noclipping, pathing system and added wolpertingers.

Like I said before, the server had no content, no PvM, no tournaments. It remained active because it was really really good for hybriding/tribriding.

Although it did take a while for it to progress to becoming good; it was originally fatality614 which relates more to what you described playing.

This is when it was good:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, glory of god said:

The developer of divinity614 really did a solid fixing the combat system (from fatality614). First the combat system was made very good, then he fixed diagonal combat, noclipping, pathing system and added wolpertingers.

Like I said before, the server had no content, no PvM, no tournaments. It remained active because it was really really good for hybriding/tribriding.

Although it did take a while for it to progress to becoming good; it was originally fatality614 which relates more to what you described playing.

This is when it was good:

 


I think Yoko and Exa are going to blow you all away, with the current quality of the Combat System.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yuuji said:


I think Yoko and Exa are going to blow you all away, with the current quality of the Combat System.

 

+1 this 

 

14 hours ago, glory of god said:

 

 

 

Not throwing any hate or shade but, 10 seconds in that dude randomly disappeared lol.

I will also say that we have watched a lot of 614 RSPS pvp videos including the ones you have linked and there are many instances where there is incorrect logic used. What I notice is that most of these servers tends to ignore the small details and focus on the bigger picture. We have taken a lot of time to research the small things and make sure everything has been implemented as perfect as we possibly can. Hold on for a bit longer, beta won't be to far and you can test it all out first hand, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yoko said:

Not throwing any hate or shade but, 10 seconds in that dude randomly disappeared lol.


I thought that was just me that saw that lmao. Think the teleport wasn't linked to the animation, so it teleported before the animation finished. xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fatality/divinity was not ever any close to good, it was dogshit, divinity did have pvm at the end of it, reason why it died due Eric went more eco after a wipe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Panda said:

Fatality/divinity was not ever any close to good, it was dogshit, divinity did have pvm at the end of it, reason why it died due Eric went more eco after a wipe. 

 

Attracting a certain player base at launch and then switching it up end up bad in most cases. Gotta set the standard from the start

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 5:08 PM, Yuuji said:


I think Yoko and Exa are going to blow you all away, with the current quality of the Combat System.



True Spoken words. Exabyte and Yoko worked intensively on the combat. Alpha and Beta testing is where they will grind down all the final touchups to make sure the combat is flawless. Be sure to link your discord and get everything setup for the beta 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Forest said:



True Spoken words. Exabyte and Yoko worked intensively on the combat. Alpha and Beta testing is where they will grind down all the final touchups to make sure the combat is flawless. Be sure to link your discord and get everything setup for the beta 

 

#BetaHype

They don't even know what's coming 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 8:40 AM, Yuuji said:

 

#BetaHype

They don't even know what's coming 😄

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, Yuuji said:

 

#BetaHype

They don't even know what's coming 😄

People knows what's Coming.

(Hope blacklist can block over 5+ People) 

#EX Owning The Wilderness

@Kingcross @EXCELLENCE @Charlo

 

 

Edited by Panda
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 4:09 PM, Panda said:

People knows what's Coming.

(Hope blacklist can block over 5+ People) 

#EX Owning The Wilderness

@Kingcross @EXCELLENCE @Charlo

 

 

 

02wvpBj.png

 

10 atm, probably will increase the slots for donators in the future

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but not really everything. Keep it lowkey, just strong weapons imo 😛 not too much "new released" oldschool items &shit. keep it nostalgic like how it was in 2009-2010/11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Yoko said:

 

02wvpBj.png

 

10 atm, probably will increase the slots for donators in the future

 

Why 10

 

Nsing/Ragging is never going be stopped, people will learn new ways to bypass blacklist in the end(Learn this from past stuff)

But anyway I hope you need pay to blacklist someone or People will abuse the system like crazy(What top risk fighers and stuff do on other servers with blacklist)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're talking fata/divinity, like 7+ years ago..... Shit's different now lol. Anyway, just wait till the games up then we can judge the combat ourselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The poll has been running longer than originally planned to give everyone a chance to say their piece. Time has come to close the poll and consider the votes.

We will be incorporating OSRS items. We will be doing a lot of testing with these items into the economy to make sure that everything is still balanced (as best as we can since 614s are notorious for things being too OP).

I would like to thank everyone that contributed to the discussion!

/closed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.